A top international school located on a spacious, secure campus on the city’s western edge, the American School of Paris provides a personalized and fully transportable education for children of global families. With more than 800 students of 60+ nationalities, highly trained faculty, and small class sizes, ASP offers an outstanding academic and extracurricular experience, including coursework in STEAM and social sciences, leadership and character development, French instruction at all levels, performing arts, service learning, and athletics. ASP graduates matriculate to renowned colleges and universities in the United States and around the world.
The American School of Paris seeks an Advancement Assistant who will support the successful functioning of the Advancement office and be an integral member of a team committed to shaping the trajectory of enrollment, engagement, and philanthropy at the school. The Assistant's responsibilities will include conducting deep and thorough prospect research to broaden the major gifts prospect pool, completing all gift processing and tracking, managing the donor and alumni database, organizing selected development and alumni events, and providing additional support to the operations of the Advancement office.
The preferred candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong research skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, an enthusiastic personality, and a good sense of humor.
- High level of comfort with technology and willingness to learn the functionality of new platforms.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with native fluency in English required and fluency in French strongly preferred.
- Understanding of international cultures, and experience working in an international, multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal day-to-day supervision, as well as ability to embrace a collaborative team approach to advancement.
- Experience in alumni relations, development, or in serving volunteer organizations
- Keen sensitivity to the needs of a school environment and a passion for learning.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Must have legal right to work in France
This is a CDI, full-time post to start as soon as possible.