Director of Operations, Advancement
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
INSEAD is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for a Director of Operations within the school’s Advancement department. Advancement is a critical department for INSEAD’s alumni engagement and fundraising efforts and the Director of Operations is a key role within the department being responsible for the strategy and management of Advancement’s operations.
This position will include responsibility for the core functions of the department: gift processing, foundation management, Advancement Business Intelligence (Data/Research/Reporting), alumni and donor record management, pipeline management, and compliance. They will also be responsible for leading Advancement’s Build the Machine taskforce that focuses on Advancement’s digital transformation, including but not limited to our upcoming transition to Salesforce, and overall improvement of systems and processes across the department.
The Director of Operations will report directly to the Associate Dean of Advancement. S/he is a people manager who builds, sustains, encourages, and supports productive relationships with colleagues, and serves as a key partner to various teams across Advancement and across the school.
Overall responsibilities will include:
• People Management: leading a dynamic team across multiple functions within the department.
• Leadership: serve as a key member of the Advancement Leadership Team and manage budget controls.
• Gift Processing: oversee administration and processing of all gifts to INSEAD.
• Research and Data: manage all data governance, storage and documentation plus our research output and quality.
• Digital Transformation: analyse, prioritise and manage the department’s technology needs and projects focused on improving systems and processes.
• Compliance: ensure compliance across all Advancement functions.
To succeed in the role you will need to possess the following attributes:
• Experience in managing a mid/back office function and have experience in managing teams, streamlining processes, training and technology.
• Passionate about fundraising and delivering on INSEAD’s mission to engage the alumni community and make INSEAD a Force for Good.
• Possess specialized IT knowledge about digital transformation processes, databases, technical compliance and best practices.
• Experience in operations management, budget controls and financial processing.
• Ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team of staff across different campuses to deliver and exceed on results.
• Fluency in both French and English will be a major plus, as would be experience in an Advancement or gift processing environment.
Poste en CDI à temps plein, basé à Fontainebleau. Prise de poste ASAP.