Fundraising Manager, Programme Development (reference RFUND-05-19)
Founded in 1922, FIDH (Fédération Internationale des Droits Humains – International Federation for Human Rights) is the oldest international human rights organisation. We are a federation of 184 member organisations, working in over 100 countries on 5 continents. We defend the civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights defined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights through research and documentation, campaigning and strategic litigation.
FIDH's International Secretariat consists of 60 full-time staff (45 based in Paris and an additional 15 across offices in Europe, the US, Asia and Africa). Our Paris office is located in a lively area in the centre of Paris (near the Bastille and Gare de Lyon).
In 2019, FIDH decided to make a critical investment in its fundraising team to: 1) increase income from new sources; 2) better steward existing funders and donors; and 3) work more closely with key internal stakeholders to improve systems and processes.
We are seeking an experienced fundraiser to solicit and manage funding from statutory (government and multilateral) donors and trusts and foundations.
Based in Paris and reporting to the Director of Fundraising, this is a new role for FIDH and comes at an exciting time in the evolution of the Fundraisng Team and the organisation as a whole.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- conducting research on prospective funders;
- preparing cultivation plans for funder prospects;
- supporting colleagues and partners to develop high-quality proposals and cases for support as well as ensuring their timely submission;
- ensuring all documents for funders meet their criteria as well as FIDH’s approval and submission procedures;
- building strong relationships both internally and externally through persuasive communications (verbal and written), negotiation and coordination;
- ensuring that donors receive outstanding stewardship;
Budget management and reporting
- working with the Finance department to ensure that the activities described in the proposal are consistent with the budget submitted;
- coordinating with colleagues and partners the timely submission of donor reports and other documentation;
- contributing to overall departmental strategy;
- Assisting with tools development and capactiy development of Secretariat staff and members.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a similar post at another NGO or social enterprise;
- Minimum level of education: Master’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of statutory and major gifts fundraising, international human rights and/or international development are essential.
- Strong relationship management and communications skills are essential.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French is required, including complete mastery of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of Spanish is highly desirable.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract: Permanent contract
- 25 days' paid holiday + 24 days of reduced working hours per year (35 hours p.w.)
- Possibility of working 1 day per week from home
- Location: FIDH registered office in Paris (17 passage de la Main d’Or, 11ème).
Do you fit the profile?
Send your CV (preferably in the Europass format) and a letter saying why you want the job, quoting reference (RFUND-05-19), before 17 May to:
Recruitment to a different level based on a modified job profile is a possibility.