Digital Engagement Associate
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a contract within the Private Sector Partnerships Services in our Office in Paris, France.
UNHCR Private Sector Partnership Services is a fast-growing global section with offices in 20 countries across the world. PSP France is an emerging fundraising country and has been achieving outstanding results since opening in 2013. PSP France is diversifying fundraising channels and will expand Individual Giving activities - with Digital fundraising becoming a priority stream of income.
Since 2015 in France, UNHCR supporters and donor’s portfolio have significantly grown and PSP France aims to reinforce its private sector communication strategy and assets to increase brand equity, engage with new audience and communicate timely and accurate information with general public.
This position will be responsible for delivering digital support to UNHCR/PSP fundraising programs especially – but not only - on donor retention programs and including Individual Giving (IG) & Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH).
The Digital Engagement Associate position, based in Paris, offers a unique opportunity to work within the PSP Europe team dedicated to raise funds and establish partnerships for UNHCR with the private sector in Europe.
Desired Candidate Profile:
This position sits within UNHCR’s Individual / Digital Giving team in France, which aims to raise funds from individuals in France to support UNHCR’s work.
In addition to being part of the Digital team, s/he will work transversally with all PSP France team especially the communication for fundraising but also Philanthropy / middle donor program to maximize life time value of respective donor segments.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results driven team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR France operation within PSP Europe.
The Digital engagement Associate (CRM) will work closely with the Global and Regional PSP Unit and with the teams at the Country Office in Paris. This position is key for the development of private sector fundraising for UNHCR in France and Monaco.
The PSP IG and Digital programs in France have been continuously growing the last 5 years with an unprecedented level of donations and income in 2022. This position will be a key role in PSP France team to achieve the next level of ambitions, especially on donor development program.
We are looking at a professional fundraiser able to lead on CRM activations and analysis both in donor acquisition programs and in donor development activities.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
Under the direct supervision of the PSP Individual Giving Associate (Digital) and in coordination with the PSP Officer (France), the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
• Design and implement CRM donor journeys mainly for Individual Giving including Middle Donor but also for other philanthropists and the corporate partners program (PPH) (when relevant);
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of all email fundraising operations through UNHCR available reporting tools and analytics platforms;
• Responsible for all Email programs to inform and recruit prospects, supporters, and donors (Individual Giving, Middle Donor or PPH) and to welcome, convert and retain sustainable donors; from activation plan to writing, implementing, tracking and analyzing;
• Produce new or optimize existing donor communication content in French so that it is tailored to a French/francophone audience and research news hooks, story angles and creative opportunities to optimize and implement a donor centric approach and communication.
• Work in collaboration with PSP team in France to develop efficient and profitable multichannel programs - with IG and PPH operations;
• Contribute to long- and short- term strategic donor communication and engagement initiatives to support Individual Giving and Middle/Major Donor programs that result in revenue growth and better retention rate, and to build equity of UNHCR brand;
• Ensure UNHCR France digital platform is accurate, fundraising friendly, the branding is maintained, and that the messaging, features and functionality are appropriately presented;
• Support the Fundraising team and global digital activities: Actively contribute to digital and multi-channel campaigns to retain existing donors and generate new long-term donations and supporters;
• Explore and optimize available online and offline channels to enhance the life-time value of donors; Develop, organize and share content to maximize the use and optimization of assets;
• Support the preparation of data and information, reports and presentation on income, expenditure and budgets; including Earmarking tables, Q reports, annual reports, etc;
• Cultivate productive and collaborative working relationships and outcomes through continuous information sharing and transparent work practices;
• Manage and coordinate contractors, suppliers and relevant personnel within/outside the office to develop and implement digital activities;
• Perform other duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required:
• Secondary Education and preferably degree in Marketing, communication or a related field.
b. Work Experience
• Minimum 3 years of previous job experience with secondary education / high school or minimum 2 years of previous job experience with Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree in the field(s) relevant to the function
• Proven experience in a fundraising, digital marketing, CRM programs or communications environment working on donor lifetime value
• Experience in writing appealing emails adapted by audiences with knowledge of customer segmentation and analysis approaches
• Strong knowledge on marketing, data and digital assets & infrastructures - website, analytics platforms; etc.
• Experience in working with CMS and e-mail marketing tools
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Selligent would be an asset
• Experience in fundraising communication content production/development
c. Key Competencies
• Ability to collaborate with others, with a flexible and positive attitude
• A highly motivated, creative, dynamic and innovative team member
• Excellent knowledge of French (written/oral/comprehension), minimum C1 level required
• Working knowledge of English
• Copywriting skills are a must as email creation is one of the main tasks of this assignment
• Knowledge of UN (specifically UNHCR) procedures would be an advantage
• Very strong organizational skills
• Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
• Highly motivated, with an ability to complete tasks, with strong attention to details
Target Start Date:
Job Posting End Date:
February 18, 2024
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Paris, France.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until end of the year, with possibility of renewal.
It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).